Sunday, April 29, 2012

JV NYC

Oh New York.

Home of those Damn Yankees. 

Given that the cranks took 2 of 3 from the Tigers, I'll keep this a bit short.

I was in attendance at Yankee Stadium for JV's outing against Ivan Nova. I will say that it was a typical Yankee crowd, not too much hostility but enough to keep up appearances. A lot of people asked me what I thought of the stadium. This got me thinking because while it is "Yankee Stadium", it isn't. It felt too new and not broken in yet. I'm actually lamenting not going to the original one across the street because that's the one with the history. That was the house that Ruth built. This one felt like a copy. It's a nice place but I guess I just can't love it because Ruth, Mantle, Maris, Jackson, Berra, Joltin' Joe and Gehrig never set foot there. 

 To be completely honest we should have won that game. We really fought to get that lead but golly gosh the bullpen just couldn't get JV another win. 

However, The Blowtorch was in excellent form, making the pitches he had too. I mean, he got roughed up a bit but that happens in the Bronx. For sure I thought he pitched well enough to get himself a W. 
Taking that into consideration, plus the fact I got to see JV in an opposing ballpark for the first time, I render a 7 on the Verland-O-meter. Yankee stadium is always a great venue for a great matchup and the evening did not disappoint. Always another game around the corner boys, we'll get them next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment